Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card Offers New Benefits Ahead of Prime Day
Amazon announced last week that new Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature cardholders will receive a $200 Amazon gift card upon application approval. Additionally, the card will earn 6% cash back — instead of the usual 5% — for purchases at Amazon and Whole Foods. The new welcome bonus and increased rewards will only be available from July 1 to July 29.
It comes just in time for Prime Day, which takes place July 12-13. Prime Day has a slew of awesome offers for shoppers to choose from, and now Amazon cardholders can earn even more rewards for their purchases. For people considering adding the Amazon Prime Rewards card to their wallet, early July is the time.
With most credit cards, new cardholders must meet a certain spending threshold before getting the welcome bonus. With the Amazon Prime Rewards Card, however, new cardholders will receive the $200 gift card instantly upon account approval. Remember that this promotion is only available for the Prime version of the map, not the non-Prime version.
Although the credit card does not require an annual fee, potential cardholders will need to have an active Prime subscription, which currently costs $139 per year or $14.99 per month. So if you’re already a Prime member and don’t have the card (or another rewards card), there’s no reason to miss out on the new offer.
In addition to its high refund rate for Amazon purchases, the Amazon Prime Rewards card comes equipped with an impressive array of shopping and travel protections:
- Purchase Protection: Your new purchases are protected against damage and theft for 90 days.
- Extended Warranty: If your purchase has a manufacturer’s warranty of three years or less, it will be extended for an additional year.
- Zero Fraud Liability: You will not be held responsible for any fraudulent charges made to your account.
- Travel accident insurance: You are protected against accidental death and dismemberment when you use your card to pay for airfare, bus, train or cruise. Coverage up to $500,000.
- Reimbursement for lost baggage: If you or an immediate family member has their checked baggage damaged or lost by the common carrier, you could be reimbursed up to $3,000 per passenger.
- Baggage Delay Insurance: Get reimbursed for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing if your bags are delayed for six hours or more. $100 per day for three days.
- Travel and emergency assistance: Find legal, medical or other help during your trip.
- Collision Damage Waiver for Rental Vehicles: Decline the rental car provider’s insurance offer and charge the card the full amount to protect your rental car against damage and theft.
- Roadside Shipping: Having car trouble away from home? Call 1-800-847-2869 for assistance.
- Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection: Get the best available rate and room upgrades available at over 900 luxury hotels worldwide.
- Visa Signature Concierge Service: Get help with non-emergency tasks like booking dinners, finding entertainment tickets, and more.
The content of this page is accurate as of the date of publication; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired.