Automobile production increased by 8% and exports by 9%

0


automotive production increased by percent, export percent

The Automotive Industry Association (OSD) announced the data for January through September. Auto production in the first nine months increased 8 percent over the same period of the previous year to 921 thousand 619 units, auto production fell 1 percent to 571 thousand 108 units. With the production of tractors, the total output reached 962,000,829 units. During the same period, auto exports increased 9 percent on a unit basis to 671,000,674 units, while auto exports declined 4 percent to 401,000,437 units. During this period, the total market increased by 15 percent over the previous year and was achieved to 582 thousand 83 units, while the automotive market grew by 12 percent to 434 thousand 800 units. According to data from the Assembly of Turkish Exporters (TIM), the auto industry, which accounts for 13.2% of total exports from January to September, finished the first nine months of the year as a leader.

The Automobile Industry Association (OSD), which is the umbrella organization of the sector with its 14 largest members, which leads the Turkish automotive industry, announced the production and export figures and market data for the period January-September. As a result, in the first nine months of the year, the total automobile production increased by 8% compared to the same period of the previous year and amounted to 921 thousand 619 units, while the automobile production increased by decreased by 1% to 571 thousand 108 units. With the production of tractors, the total output was 962 thousand 829 units. During this period, the capacity utilization rate of the automotive industry was 63%. Based on vehicle group, the capacity utilization rates were 62% for light vehicles (cars + light duty vehicles), 56% for heavy duty vehicles and 73% for tractors.

Production of commercial vehicles increased by 26 percent

Between January and September, the production of commercial vehicles increased by 26% compared to the same period of the previous year. During this period, while the production of the heavy-duty vehicle group increased by 38%, the production of the light-duty vehicle group increased by 25%. In the first nine months of the year, the total production of commercial vehicles was 350 thousand 511 units. As for the market, the commercial vehicle market grew by 23%, the light commercial vehicle market by 18% and the heavy commercial vehicle market by 63% during the period January-September compared to the same. period of the previous year. When the base effect is taken into account, the truck market contracted by 2015 percent and the bus-midibus market by 28 percent compared to 66.

582 thousand vehicles were sold in nine months

During the period covering the first nine months of the year, the total market increased by 15 percent over the previous year and amounted to 582 thousand 83 units. During this period, the automotive market also grew by 12% and reached 434,000,800 units. Based on the averages of the last 10 years, the total market grew by 4% and the automotive market by 7%, while the heavy-duty vehicle market and the light-duty vehicle market contracted by 3% and 5% as a result. during the period January-September. During this period, the share of domestic vehicles in auto sales was 40%, while the share of domestic vehicles in the light commercial vehicle market was 53%.

Auto exports increased, while auto exports declined

During the January-September period, total auto exports increased 9 percent on a unit basis compared to the same period of the previous year and amounted to 671,000,674 units. Auto exports fell 4 percent to 401 thousand 437 units. According to data from the Assembly of Turkish Exporters (TIM), automotive industry exports maintained their first place with a share of 13.2% in total exports during the January-September period.

Exports amounted to $ 27.7 billion in January-September

Between January and September, compared to the same period of the previous year, total auto exports increased by 25% in dollars and 17% in euros. During this period, total auto exports amounted to $ 21.7 billion, while auto exports increased 6 percent to $ 6.6 billion. On a euro basis, auto exports increased 1% to 5.5 billion euros. In the first nine months of the year, the main industry’s exports rose 18 percent in dollars, while the supply industry’s exports rose 35 percent.


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.