Global Automotive Coatings Industry to 2027
DUBLIN, October 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Automotive Coatings: Technologies and Global Markets” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
This report provides an up-to-date examination of the Automotive Coatings market, focusing on its types, technologies, layers and regional demand.
The report provides detailed analyzes of key trends and opportunities impacting market growth. It also analyzes the challenges faced by automotive coating companies and producers of passenger and commercial vehicles.
The report has a separate section highlighting the impact of COVID-19 on the Automotive Coatings Market globally.
Market sizes and estimates are provided in terms of volume (million liters) and value (million dollars), considering 2021 as the base year, with a market forecast for the period from 2022 to 2027. types by technology and per layer, are also provided. The impact of COVID-19 has been considered when estimating market sizes.
A coating is a layer on a substrate that protects the substrate from the external environment and imparts color and gloss to the substrate. In addition, the coating provides protection against corrosion, ultraviolet (UV) light and temperature fluctuations. Characteristics of automotive coatings such as scratch resistance, compatibility with any substrate and environmental friendliness are fueling the demand for automotive coatings.
OEM automotive coatings are used by automakers on new passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and heavy duty vehicles. Automotive refinish coatings are used for aftermarket purposes only, where the coating is applied to vehicles after the initial manufacturing process. The demand for topcoats may increase due to increased accident rates or aging vehicles.
The report includes
- 75 data tables and 31 additional tables
- An overview of the global automotive coatings market
- Market size estimation and analysis of global market trends, both in terms of value and volume, with data from 2021, estimates for 2022, with projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGR) up to in 2027
- Details on technical and commercial aspects of different automotive coating layers and advantages of automotive coating technologies
- Information on technological innovation, environmental concerns and regulatory pressures currently facing coatings suppliers
- Identification of market drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting the global market and evaluation of current market trends, market size, and forecasts
- Market share analysis of leading companies in the industry and coverage of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances and other key market strategies
- Comprehensive company profiles of key players including AkzoNobel NV, BASF SE, PPG Industries Inc., RPM International and The Sherwin-Williams Co.
Reasons for doing this study:
- The automotive coatings market has witnessed uncertain conditions owing to the COVID-19 pandemic and global shutdowns. There have been dramatic declines in vehicle sales in 2020 and 2021, raw material shortages and supply chain issues. This, in turn, has significantly affected the growth of the automotive coatings industry globally.
- Additionally, the pressure to use environmentally friendly automotive coatings is growing across the globe. Rising raw material prices and stricter environmental regulations on VOC levels have forced companies to focus on developing automotive coatings with advanced technologies that comply with current and future environmental regulations.
- This updated study provides a detailed description of the impact of COVID-19 on the automotive coatings market and discusses new innovations and technologies in the coatings industry that comply with global environmental regulations.
Main topics covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Value chain
- Description of automotive coating processes
- Automotive Coating Layers
- base layer
- transparent layer
- Automotive Coating Technology
- Powder coating
- Solvent based
- Automotive Coating Resins
- Automotive Coating Types
- Automotive OEMs
- Car repair
- Automotive Coating Applications
- Current automotive coatings market
Chapter 4 Impact of Russo-Ukrainian War on Market
Chapter 5 Global Automotive Coatings Market
Chapter 6 Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market
- Automotive OEM Coatings Market by Technology
- Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market by Coating Layer
- Global Automotive OEM Coatings Market by Region
- Global Automotive OEM Electronic Coatings Market by Region
- Global Automotive OEM Primers Market by Region
- Global Automotive OEM Base Coatings Market by Region
- Global Automotive OEM Clear Coats Market by Region
- Global Automotive OEM Solvent Coatings Market by Region
- Global Automotive OEM Waterborne Coatings Market by Region
- Global Automotive OEM Powder Coatings Market by Region
- Global Automotive Other OEM Coatings Market by Region
- Global Automotive OEM Electronic Coatings Market By Technology
- Global Automotive OEM Primers Market By Technology
- Global Automotive OEM Base Coating Technology Market
- Global Automotive OEM Clear Coat Technology Market
Chapter 7 Global Automotive Refinish Coatings Market
- Global automotive refinish coating technology market
- Global Automotive Refinish Coatings Market by Coating Layer
- Global Automotive Refinish Coatings Market by Region
- Global Automotive Refinishers Market by Region
- Global Automotive Refinish Base Coat Market by Region
- Global Automotive Clear Coatings Market by Region
- Global Automotive Refinish Solvent Coatings Market by Region
- Global Automotive Refinish Waterborne Coatings Market by Region
- Global Automotive Refinish Powder Coating Market by Region
- Global Automotive Other Refinish Coatings Market by Region
- Global Automotive Refinishers Market by Technology
- Global Automotive Refinish Base Coat Market By Technology
- Global Automotive Clear Coatings Market by Technology
Chapter 8 Market Indicators
- Automotive industry (2020 to 2022)
- Growth of electric vehicles
- Growing demand for metallic coating
- Ultraviolet (UV) Technology
- Explore UV attributes
- Automotive front light
- Plastic exterior parts
- SMC body panels
- OEM clear coat
- Other Apps
- Technological changes: integrated solutions, anti-collision systems, innovation and color reliability
- PixelPaint technology without overspray
- Robots for detailed surface painting
- From robot control to process control
- Dense phase technology
- Changing consumer preferences: paint color and vehicle weight
- North American color preference
- European color preference
- Asia-Pacific color preference
- South American color preference
- African color preference
- Falling accident rates limit the finishing market in 2020
- Road deaths by age group in 2020
- Deaths on the roads by mode of transport in 2020
- Insurance Industry Drives Demand for Automotive Refinishing Market
- Recent trends in auto insurance
Chapter 9 Patent Examination
- Recent Patents on Automotive Coatings
Chapter 10 Competitive Landscape
- Competitive Landscape: Global
- Major developments
Chapter 11 Business Profiles
- Akzonobel SA
- Axalta Coating Systems Ltd.
- Basf Se
- Diamond Vogel
- Hempel A/S
- Liquiguard Technologies Inc.
- PPG Industries Inc.
- Rpm International Inc.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company.
Chapter 12 Appendix: Acronyms
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/v6fosc
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets