POLICE NEWS: House, vehicle damaged by gunfire | New
Parts of a neighborhood in Goshen were damaged when gunfire erupted on Saturday evening.
Goshen Police responded to reports of gunfire in the 300 block of South Ninth Street at around 8:40 p.m. At the scene, police found a house and a vehicle was damaged by bullets. No injuries were reported.
An investigation is underway.
Goshen Police responded to a report of possible gunfire noises in the 500 block of Van Gilst Drive at around 9:55 p.m. Saturday. Police spoke to several people in the area, and no one reported hearing gunshots.
• Marco Arias, 21, Sturgis, Mich., Was arrested by Goshen Police for possession of marijuana and edibles after police investigated a suspicious vehicle behind US 33 Auto Sales, 23383 US 33 , around 3:35 a.m. Sunday. Arias was released at the scene with a summons to appear in court.
• Juan Rodriguez-Reyes, 23, 2110 Windwick Court, Elkhart, was arrested by Goshen Police and jailed for theft and warrant, after police responded to a call in Meijer, 4522 Elkhart Road, around 12.55pm Saturday.
• Jackson Ganger, 21, 20045 Weber Lane, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen Police and jailed for possession of marijuana following a traffic stop on North Indiana and Chicago avenues at approximately 11:50 am Friday. Police said a “substantial” amount of marijuana was found during the stop.
• Ricky Lieberenz, 50, homeless, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen Police and jailed for theft after police responded to a call at Walmart, 2304 Lincolnway East, at around 8pm Friday.
• Christopher Ohlers, 25, homeless, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen Police and jailed for domestic assault after police responded to an incident in Middlebury Street 100 block at around 2:55 pm Friday.
An SUV driven by Gary Hopkins, Avilla, passed a stop sign and collided with a car driven by Alice Wilham, Goshen, at CR 142 and CR 23 at around 2:40 p.m. Friday, Elkhart County Police said in a press release.
Wilham and a passenger in his car, Dorothe Bollinger from Goshen, were injured in the crash, and they were both taken to Goshen Hospital for medical treatment for non-life threatening injuries, police said.
Hopkins did not report any injuries. He was cited by police for not giving way and for not wearing a seat belt, the statement said.
• Doug Slabach, Goshen, reported to Goshen Police that he was beaten by someone at Crazyman’s bar, 1914 Elkhart Road, at around 9.15pm on Saturday. Slabach sustained minor injuries and refused to receive medical assistance, police said in a report.
• A 17-year-old boy reported to Goshen Police that he was jumped and beaten by several people, apparently at 1105 E. Douglas St. at approximately 10:55 pm Friday. The teenager did not know the people, but provided a description of their clothes. The teenager was also treated for minor injuries at Goshen Hospital, according to a report from Goshen Police.
• Mario Vazquez, Goshen, reported to Goshen Police that someone spat on him while he was working at McDonald’s, 1706 Elkhart Road, around 9:30 pm Friday.
• Roger Briscoe, Goshen, reported to Goshen Police that items were stolen from his yard, 801 S. Eighth St., at approximately 4:35 pm Saturday.
• Jason Weirick, Goshen, reported to Goshen Police that his moped was stolen from the driveway of his house, 312 S. 10th St., at approximately 3:35 pm Saturday.
• Goshen Police arrested a person described as suspicious while walking in the area of US 33 and Dushane Avenue at around 6 pm Friday. The man, according to police, was a suspect in a shoplifting incident. An investigation is underway.
• Carolina Sanchez, Goshen, reported to Goshen Police that a wallet and a handgun were stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at a house, 410 James Place, around 3:15 pm Friday.
Alexis Cruz, Brooklyn, New York, reported to Goshen Police that his Indiana license plate had been removed when he returned his vehicle to First Source Bank staff in Goshen at around 6:20 p.m. Friday.
Susan Mast, Goshen, reported to Goshen Police that a vacant house, 321 W. Oakridge Ave., was vandalized around 10:35 am Saturday.
HIT AND RUN
Brooke McCumber, Mich., Reported a hit and run accident to Goshen Police at the BP gas station, 2429 Lincolnway East, at around 8:35 a.m. Friday.