RICHARDS: Company about the city | Local News
– EZ Rental Car & Auto Sales at 615 N. Ashley St. has signed up as a U-Haul neighborhood dealership, according to a statement from U-Haul. Its normal hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday and 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday.
– The new Splash Zone car wash opened on North Valdosta Road after several months of construction. Construction began in October 2020.
– Food Lion will sponsor a drop-in hiring event on August 24 at all of its stores, the company said in a statement. A similar hiring event in July resulted in the hiring of more than 8,000 people, the company said.
– The old Joe Hall Cars and Trucks lot at 1804 Baytree Road has been sold. After 45 years, the owner decided it was time to retire, the company’s website said. We still don’t know who bought the lot.
– In Business About Town last week, I mentioned that Hahira’s new Wendy’s was the city’s first drive-thru restaurant. Several readers commented that other restaurants in Hahira offer drive-thru. A statement from the Valdosta-Lowndes Chamber of Commerce, which I used to obtain for last week’s article, states that “the opening of Wendy’s in Hahira will be the first fast food restaurant to offer. a drive-thru window in the city ”. My apologies if I missed anything.
Do you have business news to announce? Send an email to [email protected]
Terry Richards is a senior reporter for the Valdosta Daily Times.